Technical Writer/Policy Analyst (Full Time Employment – 6 Month Contract)
Who we are:
Bimaadzwin is a newly formed company founded by former Ontario Regional Chief Isadore Day. Our clients include health care professionals, pharmaceutical companies, government agencies, capital ventures and First Nations, to name a few. In our short time in existence we have grown rapidly and need someone who is a competent writer with a solid background in Indigenous issues. If you can work under tight timelines in an independent manner providing top quality work, you will quickly become an invaluable member to our team.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Post-secondary education with a relevant college or university degree;
- A solid understanding of First Nations and Indigenous Issues in Ontario;
- 4 years of demonstrated experience as a policy analyst or a technical writer;
- An understanding of at least one or more of the following areas: health, education, social policy, communications, infrastructure, economic analysis, and government relations;
- The ability to take complex information and summarize it into easy to read reports;
- Can demonstrate an ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with abilities to simplify and communicate complex technical data to various audiences quickly and effectively.
This position will be a full-time job at $24.00 per hour.
Candidates in the Ottawa Region are preferred but we remain open to other regions within Ontario, provided a candidate can demonstrate the ability to fit within our team with minimal support.
Before you apply, please learn more about Bimaadzwin by visiting www.bimaadzwin.ca. If you think you are a fit with our organization, please send a cover letter, resume, and your references to email@example.com.
This job listing will close on Tuesday November 20, 2018; but applications will be reviewed as received.
As an Indigenous organization, we proudly act as an equal opportunity employer.